Monday, October 09, 2006

A Raw Deal...

“I got a raw deal…” – Billy Volek, ex-Tennessee Titan.

Let's see. Billy

Born in America

Had college paid for at a major university

Given great skills from God

Paid millions and millions to stand on the sidelines and do virtually nothing for 5 years… 6.8 million dollar contract in 2004…with a roster bonus of $500,000 a year and a possibility of an addition 4 million if you stayed the duration.

Allowed to be traded to the Chargers where he will make at least 1 million this year.

Poor Billy – A raw deal?

(I know he had to move his family and that surely is hard, but he didn't have to move them because someone was bombing his house or because the government was terroizing him)

Billy's not the only one: It seems everybody in our culture is a victum. What is your compaint today? Could you stand to spend a little more time counting your blessing instead of listing your woes?

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yeah, inside sources said he whined to be traded too. Didn't want the starting spot for the Titans after the drafted someone who he thought would show him up. Poor, poor baby.

Heather said...

Amen! I get so fed up with million dollar a minute professional athletes (I realize they're not all that way) whining about their lives. What is wrong with people these days? We live in a money hungry, something for nothing, litigation crazy, victimized (my bad childhood made me do it) society.
Wait a minute, am I whining? Okay, let me count my blessings and think about all of the good in the world too. It's just too bad we don't hear more of the good stuff. The bad things sell papers, advertising time, and attract bloggers. :-)