Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Writing for me?

Writing for "me". Actually everything I do I try to do for God so that first sentence may need some clearing up. I've written for nearly 40 years.

When I started writing it was for a teacher who corrected everything from how I held my pencil to my sloppy "S's" (is that correct?).

Before too long I was writing a sports column for a school newspaper where my editor didn't quite get my humor (an ongoing problem that I've passed on to both my sons, one it sadly seems got a double measure of it :)).

Then it was on to church bulletins which I've edited and been edited in for 25 years. There, there are(500) always rules: If you say this it might offend so-and-so, you might leave out this person, this group might misunderstand you ... and after all, remember, what you write is a reflexion on the church.

I've written for books and magazines and quarterlies and annuals and lectureships. So, when I say this writing is for me...I mean, it's MY BLOG. In a sense I only represent me here, it is unedited (that's dangerous) and it will be a lot of fun most of the time (cause I never lost that sense of humor that my old school newspaper rep didn't get). So, don't take offense (I assure you, I don't ever offend anyone on purpose - at least I don't think I do), or don't read, these are my thoughts!

And by the way, I like exclaimation points! It says I'm happy and excited about something and I usually am. And it's my blog, so deal with it!!!!!!



1 comment:

Norma Cost said...

I enjoy reading your blogs very much. Keep up the good work !!!