Tuesday, June 20, 2006

LAST POST OF "TIE" IN AIM...

SAYING GOOD-BYE PART II -

What follows is copied from this week's AIM (bulletin of the Granny White church) -

This is my last Tie that Binds in AIM. I need to and want to say avery sincere "Thank you." You the readers have been a blessing to my life. Over and over again through the years you have let me know you have appreciated the nature and spirit of this column. Some of you whom I've never met have written and told me stories of your connection to this grand congregation and how much you enjoy this space. With the history of this illustrious newsletter, your response has been humbling.

So many of you have been such an encouragement to me that my thanks seems very inadequate, but they come from my heart. Next week (in a "non-Tie") I hope to spread a larger "thanks."


This week I just wanted to thank the readers of AIM and to say a clear "thank you" to Denny Loyd who has been much more of an editor than I have been. He is known as one of the finest proofers (He'd never let that word get by) ANYWHERE, but also being an elder he has "had my back."I've trusted that what is in AIM has been OK for it had "elder approval."Kathy who has handled more of the "newsy" notes rarely makes any mistakes. As you know, she is the very best at what she does - I do not know how I could have made it without her. From Kathy's hands, AIM goes to Tommie, Barbara, Carla (and previously to Anne Marie) who each routinely find things that we've missed in our work. From there it finally makes it toBrother Loyd for his perfecting process. I've often said that AIM is the most proofed bulletin in the brotherhood. We still toss in a mistake now and again to keep those who like to find them, satisfied :-).

Again, "thank you"- all that work would be a waste if we didn't trust that there were many out there reading it all. So I will sign off, happily-sadly. You can catch me in the land of blogging. Love, Dale

No comments: