Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Better Questions...

Some questions followed by what I think might be better questions:

Why does evil exist? When I look at the self-serving, possession driven, me first culture I wonder more – Why does good exist? We are more prone to evil than good.
Why would a loving God send someone to hell (apart from the fact that he won’t – they will send themselves there) a better question might be how could a just God allow a human in heaven?
Why have I been given the opportunity to know God? But it might be better for me to ask why I seem content to let others be lost?

Why does the church sometimes lose the spirit of worship? But I'd rather ask why I don't spend every waking moment in praise and honor of God? How has the beauty of creation, the assurance of salvation, the wonder of life, and the promise of eternal life been lost in the mundane?
How can some people be ugly and dismissive of people around them? Rather ask: Why don't I spend my words encouraging, building up and guiding people closer to God?

Hope these don't sound cynical (that wasn't the intent) - just some thoughts...NOW, what are your better questions? I wait to hear. Post and let others read...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can ask a couple:
What is a right and what is a privilege?
Do I have the right to food, clothing and shelter or is it a privilege?
Do others have the right to the gospel or is it a privilege we only share with some?

Anonymous said...

This was yours: Why do bad things happen to good people?/Why do good things happen to bad people?