Monday, February 26, 2007

Over Coffee and e-mail...

Several months back over e-mail and coffee my friend Trent Wheeler and I worked on an exciting project. We'd both noticed how many people and small groups get together at coffee houses to study and discuss the scriptures. So we thought we might do some good providing a series of study guides that could be used either individually or in small groups. For that setting or any other for that matter. We outlined several titles...right before commitment date I bailed out. We both felt that with the work of Spring Meadows and helping get it started and my other obligations I best not commit further. He was kind and understanding and he went forward. I was excited a couple of weeks ago to hear that his first study guide would be coming out shorting. Well, shortly has become now as he showed me the first edition Sunday. I will be reading it over the next couple of days and look forward to writing a review. He has (as he always does) done a magnificent job and produced a very, very attractive product. I'm a little sad I didn't jump on board with him - but he's offered me an opportunity to write one of these anyway. I'll be honored to sometime. Anyway, I hope you'll get a few of these and consider them. You can find out more at www.coffeehousestudies.com. Or you can just order a few copies at: http://stores.ebay.com/Coffeehouse-Publications.

I wish Trent the very best in this endeavor.


No comments: