Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Take a survey win a car...


Somebody somewhere will win a Saturn at some point but not on this site and not from this survey. :) But don't you think a preacher in Spring Hill ought to drive a Saturn? :) Come on, take the survey anyway!

So I speak Saturday at the really well put together and attended Youth Rally at Lomax Crossroads in Hohenwald. I suppose it's a sign of my age that three of the last six youth rallies I've spoken in it has been to the parents! And that's what I'm doing this year. But it is still an honor to be on this good program. My college roommate Van booked me for a meeting there nearly ten years ago - then he moved on a few months before the meeting. Since I've been back there several times and they hired our first Preaching Intern at Granny White, David Salisbury. David's done a bang up job there.

This year I am to speak on how our children bless our lives and how we bless the lives of our children. Here's where you come in:


1. How have your children blessed your life?


2. How have you blessed there lives? What are some specific things you've done to bring you closer to them so you could bless their lives (family traditions, special times, child specific activities, etc.)?


Forward this url to your friends...
http://www2.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=22303730&postID=4682826800978984269


THANKS...and if you win a Sky somewhere will you at least let me drive it once?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get 20 bonus points for spelling Hohenwald correctly. Dale, as you know Lomax Crossroads is the church where Susan and I were married. We have a lot of memories about the people there and the building itself. Good luck with the youth rally.....I'm sure you'll be a hit! Go Vols!

Wes Hazel said...

My children have given me a much deeper appreciation and understanding for how my parents and my Heavenly father feel about me. I don't think I really understood this before I had children.

Leah said...

My child is only 5 months old, so I can't really answer number two just yet. But she has blessed our lives in so many ways. She brings such a deep joy and happiness to everyday life. A simple smile can make all the cares of this world go away. I tear up just thinking about how deeply moved I am by the love I have for her. I'll also ditto what wes said. I have a greater appreciation for the love God has for his children.

Granna said...

How have my children blessed my life? Wow- by all three being children of God, all graduates of Christian universities, and all three marrying faithful Christians from homes where both of their parents are Christians. When I see them preaching, teaching classes, heading up programs, and helping others- I just swell with pride. They have also blessed me with grandchildren- 3 with 1 on the way! I can't imagine how my life would have been without my children, but I know it would not have been as wonderful as it has been