Monday, August 07, 2006

From Far Away...Paris!


I started this blog 38,000 feet in the air. On my way from Nigeria to Paris for two days before I head back to Nashville. Where to begin? So very much has happened. Let's begin with someone else...Or might I say several others. The trip was to teach, but I learned. First, I learned about what a huge lectureship is...Over 4000 people were at this program. They went from 5 in the morning till near midnight. They sang and they laughed and they listened. Most of the day was spent under one roof - they separated for men's/women's/youth's classes once each day. It rained and rained and many were in the rain, but they sat. The PA system was primitive at best. But they listened. Most didn't have any electricity. Such humble, hungry people. "blessed...for they shall be filled..." It is no wonder the church is growing so rapidly in Nigeria - for they are hungry!

I also learned much from the sacrificial missionary there. Dr. Russell Fountain moved to NCBC in 1993 and has stayed. He has snippets of home and he is comfortable by their standards, but I don't know many of my brethren who would endure such...and with such JOY. He obviously loves the people there. I thank God for him and for them.

Well, as you might know, I'm an official Nigerian Chief. If I can figure it out, I'll add a picture to prove it. NCBC (Nigerian Christian Bible College also gave me an honorary Doctorate while I was there this time).












As I said, I'm blogging from Paris. It is August 7 and Melanie and my 24th anniversary...I'm in the city of love! Only Mel is in Nashville :( Well, if you read this, you'll know I can hardly wait to get back home, where it doesn't matter if I'm chief, or Doctor, or a good lecturer...but where I am loved by a wife, my sons...(and yeah, by the way, a daughter-in-law), other family and my FAMILY in God.

Love,
dale

No comments: