Sunday, January 06, 2008

Wonderfully Wild...

The last few weeks have been wonderfully wild - It's surely time for a new blog post! So I thought I'd just bring some updates this time:

Two Saturdays ago I enjoyed being a part of "Exposure '07". It was my third time to be a part of this grand gathering of young people and my favorite yet. A few years back I did the hypnosis thing there and a couple of years ago I "keynoted" but this year I got to spend four hours answering dozens of questions that the young people submitted. Eric Lyons of Apologetics Press, who my friend Trae had told me about years ago, was my sidekick. 800 young people can cover about every question you can imagine.
It was a thrill to do this. I was impressed with the depth and passion of many of the questions. It is obvious they have been studying and been talking to their friends about the Lord. I am proud of the people who put that program together and hope it continues to grow and grow and grow!

Then Wednesday we had our first Equip training class Spring Meadows style! This program is one that Doug Burleson and I initially began about 6 years or so ago at Granny White. This year, Andy Miller and I opened it up to 12 young men middle school through high school. We had 13 sign up - the first time Equip has ever filled and they were all Spring Meadows guys. Andy is super and was a great help. We had a blast as we trained young men in creative ways and encouraged them to consider a life of ministry - whether as a vocation or avocation. We gave them many tools and lots of opportunities. The boys, well, they were as rowdy when given the chance as 13 young teens can be, but when asked to listen or participate - they were equally as eager. When churches put good opportunities in front of their young people - they will respond in tremendous ways. These guys did wonderful and seven of them preached at SM today! Wow it was great. Also Jennifer Miller and Melanie did a shorter Equip program for the girls, it too was a hit.

Saturday I enjoyed so much being with the church and their guests at 9th Avenue in Haleyville for their youth rally. They had a record crowd of roughly 275. I've been there a couple of times before but this year I taught four different sessions with the adults - youth ministers and chaperons. What a blessing to see the maturity of this group. The young people at the congregations represented there are in good hands. I am thankful, so very thankful for those who work with our youth - I've seen the benefits of good youth workers MANY times and experienced it both as a minister and a parent.

Today (Monday, 1/7/08), I will be at 21st Century Christian. A few months back Brother Jim Bill and Barry Brewer invited me to aid in directing the monthly luncheon of middle Tennessee ministers. For some reason I'm particularily excited as this month's program is called "Wired for Ministry". Mark Adams will be speaking on "social networking and websites", Jonathan Seamon will bring his top ten tech toys that are useful for ministers and I will be presenting 10 Tech Tips that can help your ministry right now. I think it should be a good and unique program.

For those who like to keep up with stuff at Spring Meadows. It continues to amaze us. No more parking places, no more room in classrooms, no more seating but new people continue to come our way. We are averaging roughly 240 on Sunday mornings and hope at the end of this week to have new pics and BIG news on the "property"! I can hardly wait!

Just thought several of you might want some updates. God is good and all glory is His, I continue to be amazed at how He blesses and gives us opportunities.

4 comments:

10 Minute Book Reviews said...

Dale,

I hope you'll give us a "rundown" of the Tech toys and tips for preachers.

Maybe if another preachers says it, my wife will let me get a couple of the toys!!!

Thanks again for your help with our rally this past weekend.

Adam

Matthew said...

I know everyone was blessed to hear you. I sure remember the lesson you gave at the Lomax rally. I would love to hear it again, it was so good.

Tom C. said...

We are so proud of the young men and women at Spring Meadows. The have a love for Christ and the work we have to do as a congregation. Thank you Dale, Andy, Jennifer, Melanie, and all the others that helped with this program!!

The best is yet to come.

Mark said...

Dale, I have some kids who had been to Exposure before and really loved it. My problem is that I positively cannot find anything about it online. Where do I go to keep informed so we can come next year?

Mark