Tuesday, January 29, 2008

An Interesting Opportunity


Yes, I will be at Freed-Hardeman University for the lectures next week (Like that's big news :)) but this year could be different, very different. I got a Facebook message from a friend of mine who works with the university last week. He told me that this year FHU is partnering with The Jackson Sun on their coverage of the lectureship in an unusual way. They have asked Freed to select a professor, three students and one visiting minister to blog about the program during the week. They will pull from these blogs and feature them.

I am humbled and honored that I should have the opportunity to be the visiting minister blogger. I will do my best. I'll try to blog several times a day. While I've been blogging about three years, this is something that is quite unexpected and could/should be interesting.

Now here is where some of you come in. If you blog or know of others who do who might be at the lectures then you might send their URL my way and I'll see if I can direct some of our potential readers toward them or might use some quotes from them. Who knows what new readers might come to your blog from this and the opportunities that might present of the good of the Kingdom of God.

For those of you who don't blog. Your comments on this could be very helpful. I'll look forward to them as well.

By the way. If you are visiting this blog as a result of this coverage and would like to receive news anytime I update my blog, we'd love to have you, let me know and I'll add you to my notify list.

7 comments:

10 Minute Book Reviews said...

Dale,

Congratulations! This really is a "neat" way to cover the great event that is the lectures.

Oh, and I'll be there, too, so add me if you can: http://faughnblog.blogspot.com

Adam

Sonny Owens said...

I check your blog daily. Looking froward to reading about the lec's

preacherman said...

Dale,
I enjoy reading your blog as well.
It is very informative and thought provoking. I look forward to reading more of your blog often.

Matthew said...

Also, I look forward to seeing you there. Hopefully, I will be there on Thursday.

Trent Wheeler said...

Dale,

I will be there too. Add me to the distribution list. I can always use a little P.R.

http://sosingle.blogspot.com/

Trent

Anonymous said...

So are you going to report on the possibility of some of your members worshiping in a funeral home in the future???
Jim Faughn

Walker said...

Hey Dale, Add me if you don't mind http://walktalks.blogspot.com/

thanks,

aw