Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Update...

We had quite a weekend ... and beginning.  

Friday evening Melanie and Andrew and his girlfriend Kristin left for Roanoke, Alabama where Andrew was to do a youth rally Saturday night and then preach on Sunday.  

Late that night my yard got rolled!  I have a bead on the culprits, they will be hunted down and brought to justice!!!!  :)  

Saturday morning the workers at the Duplex Road site got the final part of slab poured. It looks great. I hope to post an updated blog and podcast tomorrow.  

Then I left Saturday afternoon for Hamilton where I was to emcee a benefit dinner for Maywood Christian Camp.  Tyler Watts was the speaker and he did great. Perhaps best was how patient he was after he spoke with all the high school boys who latched onto him and asked one question after another.  We raised about 14000.00 and including the other monies that came in for other event associated with this fundraiser the total amount was just under $35,000.00.  Which comes close to matching our larger Mayday events we ever held.  It was a grand success.

Sunday morning was special to me, as not only did I have the blessed opportunity to preach at Spring Meadows but was invigorated with the knowledge that Andrew was also preaching that morning in Roanoke and Philip at Millview, Franklin.  How blessed I felt. We had a good number at Spring Meadows. 

Sunday night not only did we have several special visitors but we also honored a good group of graduating Seniors.  

What a blessing!  

No comments: