Monday, October 22, 2007

Teepees And Chief Round Rock's* "Stuck" in a Comfort Inn

Well friends I'm in Kentucky this week.

The pics are of a local motel. The sign says "Sleep In A Wigwam" and they choose to house me in a Comfort Inn? Oh well, maybe someday.

My meeting is with the good folks at the Horse Cave church. It's a pretty neat area and a good church. Melanie, the boys and I visited here about 7 or 8 years back with the Farris family and saw Mammoth Cave.

I hope to do some exploring this week - today it's raining, but according to the weather it may be the whole time I'm here. I have a few meetings during the week and plenty to keep me busy. But in a rather unusual setting I do not have cell service here but do have Internet. I'm here to preach and hopefully souls will be saved. Pray that that will be what happens.

*Chief Round Rock explanation: http://dalejenkins.blogspot.com/2007/09/news-from-round-rock-and-other-stuff.html




1 comment:

Gayle said...

I WONDER IF THESE ARE THE SAME Teepees that Oprah and Gail stopped at.> IT WAS On route 66?? or I thought so.. and if they are I can tell you that you should BE VERY HAPPY to be at the comfort Inn... GRIN
We will be Praying for you meeting>> keep us posted
Leah and John and family arrived home in time to haVE SUPPER WITH US SHE LAUGHED AT ME FOR WHAT I DID...LOL later, Brenda