Monday, November 06, 2006

REPORTS...NEWS...AND UPDATES:

So I figure there are people just sitting by their computer this morning waiting for the news...for the update of Sunday at SM. :)

Just to relieve you I'll give you a report. It was an awesome day.

We had right at 250 present Sunday morning - we filled the our "new" building up on the first day. Everyone worked very, very hard and it was all good. Things looked great and things worked great. It was more and better than we could have anticipated. The meal was good, PowerPoint worked well overall, the lighting was good, the singing was heavenly, the fellowship sweet! So many did so much - thank you, thank you, thank you. And may the Lord reward you (He thinks up much better rewards than I do).

My cousin Jonathan Jenkins who preaches in Atlanta surprised me by stopping in. He was on his way to speak in behalf of http://www.digitalbiblestudy.com/ a great site for Bible study!

Sunday night we had 138 present. That was our previous high Sunday morning crowd! So, of course, all numbers for Sunday were new record highs!

I got to be with Dad, Melanie, Missie, Andrew, Jeff's kids (Melanie says say "Jeff's children), Blake and Drake at the big deal that Roebuck Parkway gave dad for his 40th anniversary. It was sweet and special, but also sad cause I kept thinking...this is the kind of event mom would have loved. She would have loved dad being honored and recognized - not for herself, but for him. She glowed in the recognition of those who she loved.

I've found myself thinking of that so much lately. I miss having someone who was just proud of me like she was. Melanie is awesome, Missie is great, but nothing can take the place of mom. She would have been proud of our crowd yesterday and thought it was all because of me...she would have been proud that I am quoted on the back of a book and thought that it was the best quote on the back of a book she'd ever read, she would have been proud...and she would have said so. Sorry to be melancholy for a moment...but I miss her terribly, still.

Now on to the future: Saturday morning I speak in Lebanon, TN at a lecture program there. I speak at 9:00 and then run back to Nashville to board a plane that is to take off at 10:46 to West Palm. I will arrive there at 3:52 and then am to speak at 4:30 there. One of these crazy, but doable things that I seem to get myself into :). So far, the Lord has seen me through them all - how else can I explain it. I just want to be used by Him in every way He will.

Pray for me as I do for so many of you.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm in the middle of a very busy day at work, but the words you wrote about your mom made me tear up. I know your mom would have been so proud of you as I know she was of all of her family. Congratulations on the great success!